Front End Developer
React, Apollo, GraphQL, JSS, Material UI, React Query, SASS, TypeScript
Unity Technologies (Tokyo, Japan)
Front End Developer (July 2019 – present)
- Front-end lead (React) on an unannounced product.
- Built the prototype with create-react-app, Apollo, GraphQL, Material UI, TypeScript.
Hoo Logic (Tokyo, Japan)
Front End Developer (July 2015 – present)
- Front-end consulting for various international clients.
- Toyota USA – front-end lead (React, hardware integration) on an unannounced product, in collaboration with Japanese design firm IGREK.
- Neuron – front-end lead (React, hardware integration) on a mobile app controlling aspects of an American startup’s electric truck offerings, also in collaboration with IGREK.
- Sophos, Apria – front-end lead (Vue.js) on two client projects (network security mobile administration and enterprise healthcare) for American UX firm Drawbackwards.
- Iffy Studio – front-end lead (vanilla JS) on three entertainment-related websites for this UK design firm.
- Product owner and sole developer (React) of Real Kana, a Japanese language learning website receiving five million page views a month.
Groupon (Palo Alto, CA)
Mobile Front End Developer (August 2011 – June 2015)
- Front-end lead on the US mobile website: global search, nearby deals, hotel bookings, etc.
- Front-end lead on mobile migration from Rails to Node.js.
- Front-end lead on migration of legacy, country-specific mobile websites (France, Germany, Italy, UK, etc.) to Groupon’s global API.
Xoom (San Francisco, CA)
Front End Developer (July 2004 – July 2011)
- Sole front-end developer for initial three years of this consumer-facing international remittance website (acquired by PayPal in 2015).
- Designed and implemented a custom content management system (editor, publisher, and interface to translation system).
- Invited to join engineering after collaborating as Technical Product Manager on various projects.
University of Waterloo (Ontario, Canada)
Systems Design Engineering
I appreciate good design, and enjoy being part of a team working on something worthwhile.
I’m smart, collaborative, pragmatic, and have a strong track record as a remote developer.
My standards are high — pixel-perfect code, reusable component design, UX feedback, API architecture, and English.
I have a unique sense of humor and love my work.